• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Arrested, questioned, but not mirandized. Maryland

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wesley90

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Montgomery County, Maryland

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Montgomery County, Maryland.

I was supposedly passing a fake prescription at a pharmacy and was charged with 4 items:

ATT-CDS OBTN BY MAKE FRGE PRES CJIS Code:1A0252
POSSESS FORGED PRESCRIP CJIS Code:2 2530
ISSUE FORGED PRESCRP CJIS Code:2 0262
ATT-CDS:pOSSESS-NOT MARIHUANA CJIS Code:4A3550

A cop came to the pharmacy, asked me if I was getting a prescription, I said yes, the cop asked the pharmacist if I was the one with the fake prescription and she said yes. The cop then took me outside, searched me, and placed me under arrest. Another cop arrived who searched me again and then transported me to the jail.

When I arrived at the jail a detective in the pharmaceutical investigation unit was waiting and started asking me questions regarding the prescription after we walked into the jail. He asked me how I got the prescriptions and who transported me to the pharmacy. I told him how I got them (I supposedly stole them) and didn't tell him who transported me even though he already knew somehow. When he was done asking me questions they placed me in a holding cell with several other people to wait to see the commissioner. The commissioner set bail at $4500 and I was taken to a cell in one of the pods after changing into a jumpsuit, remaining property taken (mainly clothes), and asked intake questions such as if I was suicidal or homicidal. The process from the time to getting to the jail until getting to a cell took roughly15 hours. I bailed out after a total time of roughly 30 hours in jail.

Now neither of the two uniformed police who searched and transported me nor the detective who questioned me at the jail read me my rights. I made sure the documents that I signed for the commissioner did not say that I had my rights read to me, so there is no way that they can say that I signed a document saying they read me my rights.

My question is will the fact that they did not read me my miranda rights make a difference in anyway? Any other thoughts? Any advice?

Thank you guys so much!

justalayman

the only thing not being read your rights will be of concern is; information derived from questioning after your detention can be suppressed. Other than that, it's not going to affect your situation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">