• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Article 2 of the UCC re: consumer purchases

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MMMaxxi

I purchased a bed ensemble (queen comforter, bedskirt, and 2 pillow shams) from Target in December. I did not open any of the packages until after I finished the college semester and had time to do spring cleaning. In the interim I purchased expenses sheer embroidered material for curtains and material for tabletoppers. All additional purchases to match the bed ensemble.

In May I opened the bedskirt package first only to find that even though the package was marked "queen size" the bedskirt was for a double bed. The ensemble since went on clearance. Because it is more than 90 days since I purchased the ensemble Target will only give me a refund based on the clearance prices.

Can I do another letter to their headquarters telling them that the situation is covered by UCC 2-313 - Implied Warranty of Merchantability? or Express Warranty? I don't think Implied Warranty of Fitness for a Particular Purpose applies.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Marianne

T

Tracey

There was an express warranty that the set contained a queen sized bedskirt. It said so right on the package. The question is who extended the warranty: Target or the manufacturer? I assume there were no queen sets left that you could have exchanged?

Contact the manufacturer & see if they will send you another bedskirt. If that doesn't work, yo can always rattle your sabre & threaten to drag the Target manager into court on a breach of warranty suit. It will cost Target more to send the manager to court than to refund your full purchase price.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">