• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault Causing Boduly Injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PanAm

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I was kicked in the chest full force by my bf of 1.5 years. I supported him fully.. paid the rent, paid for his meals, his cell phone, professional credentials, etc. The force of his kick caused me to fall back against a glass coffee table, shattering it completely as i fell to the floor. I received 2 lacerations that required 5 stitches each to close. There was blood everywhere. As soon as he saw the blood and realised what he did, he ran away from the scene. He quickly called his friend to come and pick him up and he ran out of the apartment before the police arrived. The cops said they could not arrest him since he wasnt there despite me offering to take them to the friends residence where i felt my bf was hiding. The cops didnt even take photos of the bloody carpet, entrance and kitchen floor. I was adamant that i want/will be pressing charges. The ambulance took me to the hospital. My bf remains at large. I called the property management company from the hospital and got the locks changed that same night. My bf's clothes are still in the apt. Hes attempted to contact me numerous times crying, saying it was an accident and asking for his clothes so he can "move on and get on with his life" The is the 4th time he has physically abused me but stupid me, i kept giving him chances and taking him back. Not anymore as this was my wake up call and my safety comes first now. Im going to the police station, with medical records and photos (that i took) to seek a restraining order against him, press charges, and have a warrant issued for his arrest. Question... What is the likely hood they will apprehend him and once caught, how much jail time, if at all, will he get? Legally, what's gonna happen next?

Shay-Pari'e

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I was kicked in the chest full force by my bf of 1.5 years. I supported him fully.. paid the rent, paid for his meals, his cell phone, professional credentials, etc. The force of his kick caused me to fall back against a glass coffee table, shattering it completely as i fell to the floor. I received 2 lacerations that required 5 stitches each to close. There was blood everywhere.
As soon as he saw the blood and realised what he did, he ran away from the scene. He quickly called his friend to come and pick him up and he ran out of the apartment before the police arrived.
So what story is true?

The cops said they could not arrest him since he wasnt there despite me offering to take them to the friends residence where i felt my bf was hiding.
Didn't you just say there was blood EVERYWHERE? Wow, those cops where you live suck, as they really should have called for a medical emergency, and gathered evidence,
The cops didnt even take photos of the bloody carpet, entrance and kitchen floor. I was adamant that i want/will be pressing charges. The ambulance took me to the hospital. My bf remains at large

Now it get's more interesting. I thought you were wanting to take them to your BF, but all is good since you now are on your way to get 10 stitches.

I called the property management company from the hospital and got the locks changed that same night.

Was he on the lease? If so, how did you accomplish this with no charges against the BF?
My bf's clothes are still in the apt. Hes attempted to contact me numerous times crying, saying it was an accident and asking for his clothes so he can "move on and get on with his life"
See, here is your problem. He wants to move on and get his clothes, yet you are keeping them for some really good reason.

The is the 4th time he has physically abused me but stupid me, i kept giving him chances and taking him back. Not anymore as this was my wake up call and my safety comes first now. Im going to the police station, with medical records and photos (that i took) to seek a restraining order against him, press charges, and have a warrant issued for his arrest.
Good luck with that. Those darn docs and police should have done all that.
Question... What is the likely hood they will apprehend him and once caught, how much jail time, if at all, will he get? Legally, what's gonna happen next?
Crystal ball is in the shop.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/search.php?do=finduser&u=269689

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">