• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Asset Acceptance loses in Ohio on "holder in due course"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stevek3

bigun said:
What is the name of your state?
http://www.artofcredit.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7146&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

The thread started in Aug. Page 2 gives the update and the case. Tried to copy and paste but it was just to long.
It's always unintentionally comical when a bunch of non-lawyers, whose sole knowledge and legal experience consists of getting sued part of the day and working at 7-Eleven the other part of the day, attempt to analyze any litigation in any way, shape or form. Those knuckleheads should simply focus on making sure the Slurpee machine works. The distractions are very bad for the Slurpee business, I'm sick and tired of always getting an overflowing cup of warm melted raspberry ice.

bigun

And what part of this is a win for AA?

September 29, 2004, Decided

DISPOSITION: [*1] Defendant's motion for summary judgment denied. Defendant's motion for judgment on pleadings (Doc. 8) and motion for stay of proceedings (Doc. 9) denied as moot. Defendant's motion to strike class action allegations (Doc. 20) denied as moot.

stevek3

bigun said:
And what part of this is a win for AA?

September 29, 2004, Decided

DISPOSITION: [*1] Defendant's motion for summary judgment denied. Defendant's motion for judgment on pleadings (Doc. 8) and motion for stay of proceedings (Doc. 9) denied as moot. Defendant's motion to strike class action allegations (Doc. 20) denied as moot.
Stupid question. It was a major victory for Alcoholics Anonymous.

stevek3

That December 12 post by that moron TowerRat, or whatever the hell his screen name is, is so incredibly stupid and so ridiculously contrary to law that even my own testicles busted their nuts laughing. I didn't even know my testicles could talk until now, let alone chortle and guffaw.

stevek3

Or maybe it was an April post. Don't know. Don't care. Wasn't really paying attention to dates. The point is if you're looking for actual knowledge, you're not going to ever find it over there from anybody. The posts are stupid beyond belief.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">