• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

association question...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

california owne

What is the name of your state? California

I have an upstairs condo and the main water shutoff is outside my condo and under the stairs. The woman who manages my property noticed that it would not competely shut off when she tried to turn it off. In case of an emergency and we needed to turn off the water, we couldn't because this switch wouldn't shut off.

I thought because this is outside the condo that it would be something the association would handle, but they said that the owner of the condo is responsible.

Am I responsible for this? How would I check and see if it's in the HOA? The association doesn't seem to take blame or offer to pay for anything.

HomeGuru

california owne said:
What is the name of your state? California

I have an upstairs condo and the main water shutoff is outside my condo and under the stairs. The woman who manages my property noticed that it would not competely shut off when she tried to turn it off. In case of an emergency and we needed to turn off the water, we couldn't because this switch wouldn't shut off.

I thought because this is outside the condo that it would be something the association would handle, but they said that the owner of the condo is responsible.

Am I responsible for this? How would I check and see if it's in the HOA? The association doesn't seem to take blame or offer to pay for anything.
&&A: read your condo docs (CC&R's) and specifically look for the definition of common areas and a lsiting of such by component ie. roof, parking areas, siding........

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">