• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

attorney after car accident?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

civeni

Hello.

I've seen a few threads about this recently and don't want to hijack anyone's thread so I've started this one to ask how one should proceed. This is hypothetical but I'd like to know what I should do. Suppose I were to be in an accident and it was the other party's fault. My car is damaged or totaled, maybe I have some (hopefully minor) injuries.

Up until now my thought had been I contact my insurance company to get my car repaired/replaced. If I am injured I have medical insurance, I would use that. My thought up to now had been that my auto insurance company would then work with the other driver's company to be reimbursed, my health insurance would look to their insurance for medical expenses.

But I realize I may have this wrong. Maybe in working with my insurance agency I'm giving away claims I have against the other driver for damages. Or maybe my company tells me to call the insurance company of the other driver.

I need my car repaired/replaced, I need my medical bills paid. I don't want to front all the money and then look for an attorney to help me recover the expenses. So given the scenario above, what should one do?

civeni

Hello.

I've seen a few threads about this recently and don't want to hijack anyone's thread so I've started this one to ask how one should proceed. This is hypothetical but I'd like to know what I should do. Suppose I were to be in an accident and it was the other party's fault. My car is damaged or totaled, maybe I have some (hopefully minor) injuries.

Up until now my thought had been I contact my insurance company to get my car repaired/replaced. If I am injured I have medical insurance, I would use that Costa Mesa car accident lawyer. My thought up to now had been that my auto insurance company would then work with the other driver's company to be reimbursed, my health insurance would look to their insurance for medical expenses.

But I realize I may have this wrong. Maybe in working with my insurance agency I'm giving away claims I have against the other driver for damages. Or maybe my company tells me to call the insurance company of the other driver.

I need my car repaired/replaced, I need my medical bills paid. I don't want to front all the money and then look for an attorney to help me recover the expenses. So given the scenario above, what should one do?
thanks in advance for any help

quincy

Hello.

Up until now my thought had been I contact my insurance company to get my car repaired/replaced. If I am injured I have medical insurance, I would use that. My thought up to now had been that my auto insurance company would then work with the other driver's company to be reimbursed, my health insurance would look to their insurance for medical expenses.

What is the name of your state? This is asked of all posters to this forum because laws vary from state to state, often in significant ways.

quincy

To my knowledge, and I could be wrong, "Baxter Estates" is not the name of any US state.
I’m guessing civeni lives in New York. The former president said at a rally this weekend that New York would cease to exist if his $360+ million judgment was not reversed - and of course he is not known for making up stupid things - so I am guessing that New York is being proactive and New York renamed itself. Baxter Estates is now the new New York.

Plus, Google led me to the very small village of Baxter Estates on Long Island, New York.

civeni, if you are in a car accident, you should contact your car insurer. Your insurance company should be able to handle your claim.

Last edited:

Bali Hai Again

I’m guessing civeni lives in New York. The former president said at a rally this weekend that New York would cease to exist if his $360+ million judgment was not reversed - and of course he is not known for making up stupid things - so I am guessing that New York is being proactive and New York renamed itself. Baxter Estates is now the new New York.

Plus, Google led me to the very small village of Baxter Estates on Long Island, New York.

civeni, if you are in a car accident, you should contact your car insurer. Your insurance company should be able to handle your claim.
Being from New York, I prefer Egypt to be the new New York. The current president wouldn’t remember.

Yeah, but its just "hypothetical"

quincy

Yeah, but its just "hypothetical"
Yes. And we generally do not entertain hypothetical questions on this forum because they can veer off into too many different, and often absurd, directions.

That said, on this forum all posters are asked to provide their state names, regardless of the question asked. I see that you have failed to do that, too. Do you reside in the U.S., l.gabriel0616? If so, what is the name of your state?

Yes. And we generally do not entertain hypothetical questions on this forum because they can veer off into too many different, and often absurd, directions.
yeah but you've entertain this "hypothetical" though :p

That said, on this forum all posters are asked to provide their state names, regardless of the question asked. I see that you have failed to do that, too. Do you reside in the U.S., l.gabriel0616? If so, what is the name of your state?
oh, have seen a post from me? hahaha

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">