• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Attorney fees a factor in cs?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MBMom

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

My custody case has finally ended (or at least let's hope), but now ncp is claiming after voluntarily dragging me through one year of court hell that he can't afford to pay cs because his attorney bills are so high. Before feeling sorry for him, let me explain. Before court was ever even brought up, I made an offer to him with joiny physical custody, my son living primarily with me, ncp paying NOT A DIME of travel expenses and only $200 in child support (since ncp already paid that towards child care). He turned it down and instead chose to drag me through court. Needless to say, he lost because the Judge was unimpressed with his lying on almost each and every matter and thought it to be a bad character trait to teach our son. He's not a horrible guy but would do just about anything to "win", not necessarily our son, but "WIN".

Now he's trying to slip little things by like claiming he pays a certain premium for son's health care, when in fact, he doesn't. I'm trying to get that matter resolved, and although the dollar amount isn't much, it's the principle of it all, and I'm sick of him trying to get away with little things that make no sense in trying to do in the first place. Why not just be honest?

Okay, going off the point: Back to my question. Ncp has already told me that he will NOT pay all of cs because his attorney bills are too high. I don't want to have to drag him (or me) back to court, but I will if I have to. My son's child care isn't cheap, and it's not like I'm living the high life on his cs...his son NEEDS it. If this went back to a Judge, would his attorney bills be a factor in whether or not he has to pay cs or what amount?

Phnx02

Heck no! Or at least I wouldn't think so.......The two are totally seperate issues and it will be his problem to figure out how he's going to pay his attorney fees. Payment plan!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">