• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto repair, one thing leads to another

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

avmaster

What is the name of your state?
my name is mike, I live in Maryland

car would not start, shop repaired and lasted for a couple of weeks. Same problem, returned to same shop. With each call to the shop for status something else is wrong. I've been given a different story for a month now. Since they did original work there will be no charge but at this rate rental car fees are piling up; can I take the car to another shop and have them send the bill to the original shop?

BL

car would not start, shop repaired and lasted for a couple of weeks. Same problem, returned to same shop. With each call to the shop for status something else is wrong. I've been given a different story for a month now. Since they did original work there will be no charge but at this rate rental car fees are piling up; can I take the car to another shop and have them send the bill to the original shop?
No .

But if I were you I'd take it to an authorized dealer repair dept . for your make of Auto .

If the shop that has it can't get it right in 2 or 3 tries , I'd take it out of there .

Perhaps the shop is not equipped with the right tools and testing equipment .

Often times scanners come up with codes , and the problem really isn't related to the code's error . The shops will however try to replace that part first , and troubleshoot along the way .

You want a certified mechanic troubleshooting your auto , and at a dealer repair shop , there's more mechanics to put there heads together .

You can at least have the diagnose and give you an estimate .

If you find out the first place was way off the mark on repairs and cost that were not necessary , ask for a partial refund .

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

car would not start, shop repaired and lasted for a couple of weeks. Same problem
It was the same SYMPTOM - that doesn't necessarily mean it's the same PROBLEM.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">