• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

avoiding child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rppearso

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Having difficulty finding information on the details of leaving the country for the purposes of avoiding child support (the state departmetnt has some information but its biased). I am looking for a link or cold hard facts, I dont really care what peoples opinions are. I am looking online and am having difficulty finding good information, how long do you have to immigrate before becomming a citzen and once you are a citizen will you be protected from US orders?, point systems (different skills carry different points, etc), keeping your pass port long enough to complete the process and preventing wage garnishment. I was reading that you can expatriate but did not find good information on that.

Isis1

Having difficulty finding information on the details of leaving the country for the purposes of avoiding child support (the state departmetnt has some information but its biased). I am looking for a link or cold hard facts, I dont really care what peoples opinions are. I am looking online and am having difficulty finding good information, how long do you have to immigrate before becomming a citzen, point systems (different skills carry different points, etc), keeping your pass port long enough to complete the process and preventing wage garnishment. I was reading that you can expatriate but did not find good information on that.
no one here with any common sense will assist you in that direction.

Proserpina

Having difficulty finding information on the details of leaving the country for the purposes of avoiding child support (the state departmetnt has some information but its biased). I am looking for a link or cold hard facts, I dont really care what peoples opinions are. I am looking online and am having difficulty finding good information, how long do you have to immigrate before becomming a citzen and once you are a citizen will you be protected from US orders?, point systems (different skills carry different points, etc), keeping your pass port long enough to complete the process and preventing wage garnishment. I was reading that you can expatriate but did not find good information on that.
Nobody is going to help you circumvent the law and/or avoid responsibilities.

:rolleyes:

(it's not like you haven't asked this and been told the same things over and over and over and over and over and over.....)

Isis1

Nobody is going to help you circumvent the law and/or avoid responsibilities.

:rolleyes:

(it's not like you haven't asked this and been told the same things over and over and over and over and over and over.....)
aha!! see! i knew you had common sense. :p:D

rppearso

Ok, if a ncp is making voluntary payments but they do not meet the payment amount can garnishment still be withheld legally? Or could you apply for 50/50 or full custody, what are the mitigating factors to getting 50/50 for full custody?

Last edited:

Proserpina

Ok, if a ncp is making voluntary payments but they do not meet the payment amount can garnishment still be withheld legally?
Yup. If NCP isn't making the full payments, they can - and often WILL - be garnished.

And rightly so. Because an NCP who does not want to support their child really is amongst the lowest of the low and cares not for the actual welfare of that child.

Isis1

Ok, if a ncp is making voluntary payments but they do not meet the payment amount can garnishment still be withheld legally? Or could you apply for 50/50 or full custody, what are the mitigating factors to getting 50/50 for full custody?
you are more than welcome to waste money on an attorney trying to file for full custody just to avoid paying child support. i'm sure there are a few attorneys out there that could use the funds for upgrading their 3 story home with an indoor pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">