• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Avoiding Civil Contempt..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chellybear

What is the name of your state? Florida

I have received an "Order to Show Cause" for small claims case. I did not fill out the court ordered paperwork within the designated time frame. I was 2 weeks late because I thought it was the day I got served with the order not actually the day of the final judgment. Anyway I did file the court ordered documents prior to the "Order to Show Cause" for contempt hearing. The clerk's office said it was full and complete as ordered and that they would put it in the court file. I was told that I still had to show up to the OSC hearing. Since I have complied with the court order, will I still be held in contempt? I am a little scared and I hope not to be held in contempt. I was just confused by the initial order. I would appreciate any answers. Thanks!

garrula lingua

If you responded with the requested paperwork/info, then you are, no longer, in comtempt.

Appear at the hearing, with a copy of what you sent. Your hearing should be dismissed.
It sounds as though you will be fine, but do go to the hearing in case some info was missing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">