• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Baby's Born

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

WHOWELL90

Yes they do 1yr from the date I brought them hopefully this should be over by then or maybe I should open up a separate savings account.... Ether way I should prepare...

Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.....

N

newhope

Call lawyer ASAP

All new births and deaths must be reported to the county clerk. This is public information and can be obtained; I believe fee is roughly $150 .Do not get on a plane and go. call your self a lawyer in FL. You can have them start your own paternity suit.

They can get court order for blood test and have here served her at work. It might cost you a little bit, but knowing is the best thing for you. Trust me Florida caters to the CP parent and if she’s a woman look out. They will wring you dry. Do not let this get to Florida’s DA they are ruthless. I have been through this. Please help your self and GET A LAWYER FAST!

W

WHOWELL90

What is a CP parent and why would the DA get involved....

Grace_Adler

CP parent is Custodial Parent. However, this is does not mean in all cases that a CP has sole custody. It depends. It is just a title and is often used in child support cases to distinguish between the obligor and obligee. Obligor being the one who pays support and obligee being the one who recieves the support. Or, just used to distinguish between which parent the child lives with. Some people think titles like this shouldn't be used but I would not take it personally myself because it's a heck of alot easier than saying..this ex and that ex and her ex's ex or blah blah blah.. that gets really confusing after a while.

As for the DA I'm not sure. Sometimes in small places they get involved if there is no centralized collections for child support, I think. They don't do it here but I've heard of them getting involved in child support cases before. Do you know what the matter is regarding concerning the DA?

W

WHOWELL90

No Grace I was just responding to newhope personally I don't think my problem will get that far but you never know I'm just putting money away just in case.....I tried to get the birth cert from the county clerks office but they said my name has to be on the birth cert and I have to live in FL.....So far I still have not heard anything from her since July 24....I have not received any paper work concerning my so called child that was born on July23. To me the more time that goes by means that she either lost the baby or she was never pg or she knows the baby is not mine. Or maybe she is just waiting to get the court papers to send I don't know.......

Grace_Adler

Ooops sorry! LOL! I'm really sorry about your situation, I know this has got to be nerve wracking and frustrating to say the least! I thought you could get a copy through public records or register of deeds but I guess not. :confused:

nailtech

I was just thinking about how hard it might be to take a newborn away from the mom. after all, all she has to do is claim she's breastfeeding and its going to be hard in my opinion to fight that... and that can go for about a year... just a thought to ponder...

M

mommawright20

you might not know where she lives now but if you know her name and what city and state she lives in, its possible to find it on the internet! thats how i found my bio dad. go to yahoo people search. there are also other websites that will give you a street address and show you a map. sorry i can remember those. i hope i gave you info you can use!! :) good luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">