• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back again - Same stuff different day

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

osmosis

What is the name of your state? FL

my history https://forum.freeadvice.com/search.php?searchid=1660459

Okie dokie ladies & gents, unfortunately I am back again for the same reason: my children.

Quick review:

In November of last year I filed for custody of my 3 children based on the following facts

1. mom worked 3rd shift at a prison
2. children were in constant care of 3rd party from school dismissal until school start Monday through Thursday and then back to the sitter Saturday afternoon, unless it was my weekend with them.
3. Mom moved from spacious 4 bedroom apt to a small run-down 2 bedroom mobile home with 6 people.

The judge denied my request due to the X telling the judge that her schedule would be changing at the end of summer and that the kids would not be living with the babysitter anymore.

Her schedule did change, but only for her maternity leave. Last week she began working again - same shift (4pm to 1am) and the children are now living in a child care facility that offers overnight care, excluding her Thursdays and Fridays off work.

So, is it even worth my time to try again for custody?

and a quick update for those of you who recall the injunction travesty - she called me on the phone a few weeks back and spoke with me for over half an hour. This is the first out of court contact I've had with her since she got the injunction 4 years ago. It was primarily about how I "scared" her by pulling the table in two. The conversation had little to do with visitation, despite the injunction stating that we were only allowed phone contact for this purpose.

osmosis

I assumed that is what the call was for. I let her do all of the talking and gave simple short answers so as not to get in any kind of trouble. It was actually a pleasant conversation but she then informed me that she was not comfortable with me calling to talk to the children. I haven't spoken to her since.

If I would have known that it wasn't about the kids I would have let it go to voicemail.

CJane

Is it in the order or could you get the transcripts that would show that the reason the custody mod was denied was because she stated her work schedule would be changing?

osmosis

Is it in the order or could you get the transcripts that would show that the reason the custody mod was denied was because she stated her work schedule would be changing?

I will call the clerk's office in the morning to find out about transcripts. All I received from the court was an order of motion denied without any additional details or info.

profmum

why not ask for the kids to be with you on weekends mum is working and they are the overnight daycare facility?

Just Blue

why not ask for the kids to be with you on weekends mum is working and they are the overnight daycare facility?
Because the ex is a lying, deceitful, horror of a human being. Seriously. I can't believe Ossi wasn't give PC after the last stunt she pulled...:mad:

BTW: The ex was posting here but deleted her threads after she learned Ossi was here. She had her 10? 11? year old daughter sleeping with her 2 boys. She didn't understand why it was not right....I actually had to spell it out for her.

osmosis

At the hearing I presented to the judge and my ex that I was willing to move the hour & 1/2 North to be closer to them so as to assist her with child care. I offered to watch them anytime for free. She freaked out and yelled "I'M NOT DROPPING MY INJUNCTION" which was neither here nor there. The judge just dismissed the idea entirely.

My ex is unreasonable and has some "truth" issues. I need to hit the lottery so I can get a good lawyer.

osmosis

Because the ex is a lying, deceitful, horror of a human being. Seriously. I can't believe Ossi wasn't give PC after the last stunt she pulled...:mad:

BTW: The ex was posting here but deleted her threads after she learned Ossi was here. She had her 10? 11? year old daughter sleeping with her 2 boys. She didn't understand why it was not right....I actually had to spell it out for her.

Bay is awesome!

osmosis

(bump!) :)

So, phone call aside, is it worth it for me to motion for custody again? I don't want to waste my time or the court's. I don't care about wasting her time ;)

osmosis

I'm waiting on a return phone call from the clerk's office. This holiday scheduling crap is for the birds.

Ok, I'll leave it be until I get that info for you. Thanks, CJane. :)

CJane

I'm waiting on a return phone call from the clerk's office. This holiday scheduling crap is for the birds.

Ok, I'll leave it be until I get that info for you. Thanks, CJane. :)
I know. I'm waiting on a call about transcripts too. When I called 2 weeks ago, he said "I hope you don't need these before XMas" :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">