• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back child support being paid in full

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? KY

I recently was picked up for a warrant that was issued by my baby's mom for flagrant non support Class D Felony. I have to appear in court next week for this. The question is what am I facing. I have spoken with my baby's mom and she said that she doesn't want me to be out of my little boy's life and agreed to have a settlement of the back that I owe to be paid in full of 5,000 leaving 3,000 left for when she was getting a medical card when he was a baby.

If everything is settled at the child support office before the court date next week for the warrant that was issued and the agreement of settling with paying off all backchild support and her agreeing for me to just pay 200 a month instead of 428.00 a month will the case be dismissed or what am I facing.

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state? KY

I recently was picked up for a warrant that was issued by my baby's mom for flagrant non support Class D Felony. I have to appear in court next week for this. The question is what am I facing. I have spoken with my baby's mom and she said that she doesn't want me to be out of my little boy's life and agreed to have a settlement of the back that I owe to be paid in full of 5,000 leaving 3,000 left for when she was getting a medical card when he was a baby.

If everything is settled at the child support office before the court date next week for the warrant that was issued and the agreement of settling with paying off all backchild support and her agreeing for me to just pay 200 a month instead of 428.00 a month will the case be dismissed or what am I facing.
I scanned over your previous posts, and it appears that it is very likely that you will end up in jail over this. The ONLY way to avoid that would be to pay a HUGE portion of the arrears. According to your other posts, you began paying the current and arrears in Dec 2006, yet now you are being charged with felony non support, which means you haven't been making any payments.

The only other thing that might work in your favor is if you take all of your social security records and medical records to court. IF your ONLY source of income has been SSI (NOT SSDI) it's possible that a finding of contempt cannot be made. You really need to come up with as much money as you can to pay, and get a consult with a local attorney to find out if your disability is relevent or not.

yeah all the back child support that i had and the arrears that follow are being paid in full when me and my baby's mom go to the child support office tomorrow. she wants to agree for me to just pay 200 a month instead of 400 and something.

i have the receipts on when i paid my support but i wasn't sending in my amount that was due full. i had lost the job that was made for a wage assessment and couldn't afford for my own standard living.

but you telling me that i will likely get jail time. i had explain in the previous post that a agreement has been made and that she wants to get the warrant dropped.

milspecgirl

if she received support from the state for the child, she doesn't get to make the rules anymore- the state does.
The judge may or may not let you reduce support- depends on a lot of things. If she is on any state aid for the child, the answer will be no. This is from my experience in Ky courtrooms

milspecgirl - i have to say this but you are wrong!!!!!! i spoken with the child support office and if the mother agrees to the 200 a month instead of 400 it can be done.

we have both already went down there and signed our name on a sheet that states we have to go back monday to set down with the local child support supervisor and sign paper work and that is when i will be giving her all the back that i owe.

i did owe alot more than 5,000 to her but she and made a agreement together and she wants half and don't want me out of my son's life.

(Goes to show how much some people think they know things when they post on someones question. Please research before you decide to comment and tell me something that isn't totally true!

CourtClerk

(Goes to show how much some people think they know things when they post on someones question. Please research before you decide to comment and tell me something that isn't totally true!
Actually, what it goes to show is that someone who is so far on his support shouldn't try and put down someone who gave you absolutely accurate information. Maybe you should put that effort into supporting your kid.

Milspec was absolutely correct. If there is ANY money owed to the state because your ex went on welfare of any type for any period of time, then she will NOT be able to agree to let you pay back the state when you good and darn well please. CSE will have a hand in attempting to get their money back from you. She can agree to reduce the amount of money you owe HER, but she will NOT get to agree to reduce the amount of money you owe someone else.

Now, I'm done with deadbeats with snitty attitudes.

milspecgirl

alrighty then Mr high and mighty- I hope they throw you in the slammer. People who don't support their children make me nauseous. If you couldn't afford them- wear protection.

I, as a tax payer, am supporting your little bundle of joy. So, I stand by my words- IF mom received any support or gov't aid, she can't make any agreements with how you repay the state- that is up to them and since it comes out of my paycheck- I hope they go after all of it.

She can make a deal with the devil all day long with how you repay HER, but unless she is a judge, she doesn't get to make the rules with how you repay the state for the money they paid to support YOUR child.

Also, I can tell you from experience that the judge CAN DENY your agreement with mom for CS if they wish. They do NOT have to deviate from the state guidelines just because you two agree. I have seen many cases where they won't- especially if it could put mom in a position of having to apply for state aid.

So, before you go bashing people who have seen it and WERE trying to help you- why don't you get your facts straight

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">