• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

back child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gamom34t

No I'm not expecting any kind of windfall. As a matter of fact I will be surprised if he ever pays. And you're right, I blame myself too but that doesn't make him exempt from responsibility. This is the THIRD time he's been filed against. Point being, my child is not doing without nor will she ever. He has to live with himself when he realizes what he's missed. I am not as bitter or hateful as some of the people who post here. I was looking for answers that were closer to the truth instead of a bunch of opinions. Thanks though.

BelizeBreeze

gamom34t said:
I was looking for answers that were closer to the truth instead of a bunch of opinions. Thanks though.
Based on your responses to the answers given to you on this thread, that is NOT the case. Because you have been given the correct legal answer many times. Therefore, I can only conclude that you are looking for the answer YOU WANT TO HEAR.

And from RESPONSIBLE people on this forum, it's not going to happen. Because, what you WANT to hear is not what the LAW says.

Now it's time to close this thread and go pay an attorney to hear the same thing we've been trying to get through your thick skull.

VeronicaGia

gamom34t said:
No I'm not expecting any kind of windfall. As a matter of fact I will be surprised if he ever pays. And you're right, I blame myself too but that doesn't make him exempt from responsibility. This is the THIRD time he's been filed against. Point being, my child is not doing without nor will she ever. He has to live with himself when he realizes what he's missed. I am not as bitter or hateful as some of the people who post here. I was looking for answers that were closer to the truth instead of a bunch of opinions. Thanks though.
If you're not expecting some kind of windfall, why are you looking for seven years of back support? Sounds like a windfall to me. And get it through your head, he is not responsible to pay you until a judge orders him to pay. That is the legal answer to this. If you never file, and if he is never ordered, he never has to pay.

I gave you the truth when I posted the link to general information about all states including LA and GA. If you actually clicked on the link and read it, you'd know that all of us have been telling you the legal truth about your situation. You simply can't handle the truth, because once again, you want the windfall of seven years of back support. You don't like that neither state offers you that windfall, and instead of taking responsibility for your own inaction, you keep hoping someone here will magically change the laws of both of those states so you can get what you want.

So now you've filed, and he will very likely be ordered to start paying from the date the petition was filed. Why not look at the glass as being half full with that knowledge instead of half empty with the knowledge that there will be no windfall? Your child will get the support he/she deserves once the judge orders it. Better than nothing, don't you think?

gamom34t

Just a final word before I close this thread, CSE worker stated this week that child support dated back to the paternity test is not GUARANTEED but it IS the judge's decision and it has been included. I can live with that. For all parents out there struggling with these issues, the other party is NEVER 100% to blame. Take responsibility for your own actions and move forward. The process goes much quicker when you do. :)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
gamom34t said:
For all parents out there struggling with these issues, the other party is NEVER 100% to blame. Take responsibility for your own actions and move forward. The process goes much quicker when you do. :)
So why are you laying all the blame at his feet? Just curious.

LdiJ

stealth2 said:
So why are you laying all the blame at his feet? Just curious.
I interpreted that statement as an admission that she bears part of the blame.

gamom34t

You can read everyone else's (including your own) situation into mine if it makes you feel better. I've taken the steps to correct something I should have handled long ago which was in part my own fault. If I ever have a "windfall", it will be from my OWN hard work and not from some person who couldn't face their own responsibility in a situation that they too wanted and then chose to run from. What happens, happens and I can accept it. I can sleep at night knowing I've done right by my child. Can you?!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
gamom34t said:
You can read everyone else's (including your own) situation into mine if it makes you feel better. I've taken the steps to correct something I should have handled long ago which was in part my own fault. If I ever have a "windfall", it will be from my OWN hard work and not from some person who couldn't face their own responsibility in a situation that they too wanted and then chose to run from. What happens, happens and I can accept it. I can sleep at night knowing I've done right by my child. Can you?!
..... :rolleyes: .....

abstract99

Doesn't anybody else find it odd that her lawyers did not answer these questions? I personally would fire them if they didn't because I don't want to waste my money. But then again maybe that is just me.

abstract99

Ok so why would you do this now? Did you just all of the sudden feel guilty that you never asked for the CS? Sounds like crap to me. You probably came into some type of debt and all of the sudden want back child support for *7* FREICKEN YEARS. How cruel are you? Take it from me... I have gotten to points in the past where I start to wonder if it is even worth calling my ex to see my children because I know that she will argue with me about something. Perhaps your ex is doing the same thing. Don't get all mad at him because he is over you and has started a new life. THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE DOING! You want CS now then legally you can do it but otherwize let sleeping dogs lie ok? *You want his new family to suffer financially while he pays you back for 7 years of CS that you never asked for. You can't just change your mind and get it now? What are you thinking?*

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">