• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back support already paid thru military-

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Iowa
I owe back child support. the childs mother didnt apply for child support for more the a year after the child was born. i was ordered to pay back to the day of the childs birth. I was active duty military at the time, and was order by my first sergeant to set up an allotment (which was a lawful order that was given to me by a senior non commisioned officer, and i couldnt refuse) to the mother for child suppot, after she filed an Inspector general complaint against me. i payed this allotment for roughly a year and four months. i paid close to the ammount that the back support was set for. before she filed for child support. I can obtain my Old LESs that have the allotment on them. when i started the allotment i also put down that it was for child support. I Just talked to child support recovery about this, and they told me that the mother would have to apply for a satisfaction of support. I doubt that she would do that. the person at child support recovery said that i could also handle this privately, but they couldnt be of assistance.

can i handle this in court, what would the odds be if i have proof that i did pay, and how much would the lawyers fees and court fees be?
Do i need a lawyer. what do i need to do

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">