• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Back support, (Should I wear a brace)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gdouble

What is the name of your state? Illinois

When I was in college in Arizona I met a girl and became friends with her, she was a lesbian and said that she would pay me $100.00 to get her pregnant because she really wanted to have a child with green eyes and dark hair. I had green eyes and she had dark hair. I slept with her a couple of times, I had quit school and I never saw her again. I am now 42 and on disability and recently received a notice to have DNA testing done to establish the father child relationship with her child. I did the testing and a few weeks later received notice to appear in court on a child support issue regarding this child. She is seeking back support for the last 18 years for a child she never told me that she had or that I have ever even seen. I don’t know what state she is in but can she really do this and if so how would I possibly pay her? I only receive $1052.00 a month from disability and can barley make my own bills. Please give me some advice on what to do if you can.

Sincerely
Desperate Daddy

Too bad for her. She shouldn't have waited so long. The child support will only be retroactive to the establishment of paternity.

LdiJ

gdouble said:
So will I have to pay or not?
No one can say for certain. The situation is a bit unusual....particularly since the child is already 18.

steviesmum04

desperate daddy

I sure hope you have a $100 check she wrote you saying thanks for the sperm donation. What were you thinking??!!! Being a college student at that you should have been smart enough to know better than to get yourself involved in fathering a child and getting screwed yourself in the end. It may have been a good **** but you're the one getting ****ed now. She's obviously doing this because she wants money, maybe she came into some money problems and the light went off in her head and she decided to go after you for childsupport. It's a real shame that the kid never knew you and you never knew of it. Good luck to you I hope everything works out for you. Try your hardest to tell them she paid you, hell you should have had her sign something...anyway best of luck

gdouble

This woman wants back support from when the child was born. My question is "If I am forced to pay child support will they deduct it from my Disability or can they do that?"

Last edited:

gdouble

H.e.l.p.

This woman wants back support from when the child was born. My question is "If I am forced to pay child support will they deduct it from my Disability or can they do that?"

LdiJ

gdouble said:
Generally CS can't be garnished from Social Security Disability. (SSDI) Normally the child is entitled to their own benefits.

However, since this child is over 18.....I am not sure how that would work out. I think you need to go have a chat with your local SS office.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">