• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BACKGROUND cHECK

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

uniccco39

What is the name of your state? nC I AM SEEKING EMPLOYMENT WITH PROGRESS ENERGY IN FLORIDA AND MY PAST AND FAILED MARRIAGES HAUNTS ME THERE ARE ALWAYS THINGS THAT GO ALONG WITH THESE THINGS LIKE FALSE CHARGES OF DOMESTICE VIOLENCE TO GAIN LEVERAGE IN THE DIVORCE PROCEEDINGS AND MY EX WRITING CHECKS ON A CLOSED ACCOUNT AND SIGNING MY NAME TO THEM AND ME PAYING THEM OFF TO KEEP FROM GOING TO COURT AND MISSING NUMEROUS DAYS OUT OF WORK NOT KNOWING THAT EVERY TIME I PAID ONE OFF THEY WENT ON MY RECORD AND MY RECORD ALONE BECAUSE MY NAME WAS SIGNED TO THEM THEY HAVE OFFERED ME A JOB AND NOW THIS WILL IT HURT ME

pattytx

Please turn off your caps lock in the future. Typing in all caps makes your post very hard to read and is considered shouting on the Internet. Thanks.

Now, we would have no idea what a prospective employer will do. All background checks are not created equal. Hopefully, the company will consider the types of incidents/charges in relation to the type of job for which you are applying, and perhaps give you a chance to explain, but there is no law in Florida requiring that they do so. Also, if you were convicted of any charges, don't lie on your application; it will be discovered at some point and, if before you're hired, your application will most likely go in the circular file; if discovered after you're hired, it would be legal cause for termination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">