• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad eyeglasses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alent1234

My father in laws glasses developed a small crack. He took his last prescription to a small eyeglass store and they made him new lenses for a new set of glasses. He says they aren't good, the store says he will get used to them. He says his old glasses he can see a lot better even with the crack in the glass.

He is making an appointment with a doctor to verify that the new glasses were made to the prescription standards. Is doing a credit card dispute the best way to fix this problem?

EastCoast_NC

RE: My father in laws glasses developed a small crack. He took his last prescription to a small eyeglass store and they made him new lenses for a new set of glasses. He says they aren't good, the store says he will get used to them. He says his old glasses he can see a lot better even with the crack in the glass.

He is making an appointment with a doctor to verify that the new glasses were made to the prescription standards. Is doing a credit card dispute the best way to fix this problem?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Q: How old was his last prescription? I am not debating the chance that the store might have made a mistake, for anything is possible. But if it is not the case, then perhaps the last prescription predates his cracked lenses? If they did a new exam, then his vision might have changed. I have worn corrective lenses for 25 years. When I get new prescriptions, there is always a time of adjustment for me. This is normal.

To the credit card issue - We have disputed charges in the past with positive results. But as someone who has to deal with clients everyday, a polite face-to-face with the actual vendor is something that I would recommend as the first line of recourse (and you've made that step). Hopefully it will be resolved at that level before it escalates to the credit card company. If the vendor is at fault, then it would only behove them to make a new pair of glasses, gratis. A happy customer is invaluable.

dallas702

Opticians are licensed with strict guidelines. If the prescription was good they have to make the glasses so they are correct. Go stand in their doorway and start yelling.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">