• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Knee.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Riddlemethis

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hello, please answer this. I had simple orthoscopic surgery on my left knee in January of 2010. No pain medicine was used after as I told him I dont want it. Whelp he decided to he said give me a shot of novacaine for pain til I get home. I get home and it was all good I spoke with nurse next morning on follow up phone call and he said the Dr didn't give me a shot of novacaine however but he gave you a nerve block ****. Whelp in about March of 2010 slinks a sudden my left leg is 3 times size of right. Went to My regular Dr and had test to say it's Lymphodema. Added to that at same time I also had server pain in bottoms of feet had tests done and BAM neuropathy it is. NEVER I'my lefe had I EVER had these 2 problems until AFTER the surgery on my left knee and what kills me is it's 3 scopes going in and the holes are so small. But anyways do you call an attorney? People said I should but I'm not that way. That's why I seek help and wisdom here.

ecmst12

Surgery for what? Lymphedema caused by what? Neuropathy caused by what? And most importantly, WHAT STATE did all this happen in?

lealea1005

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hello, please answer this. I had simple orthoscopic surgery on my left knee in January of 2010. No pain medicine was used after as I told him I dont want it. Whelp he decided to he said give me a shot of novacaine for pain til I get home. I get home and it was all good I spoke with nurse next morning on follow up phone call and he said the Dr didn't give me a shot of novacaine however but he gave you a nerve block ****. Whelp in about March of 2010 slinks a sudden my left leg is 3 times size of right. Went to My regular Dr and had test to say it's Lymphodema. Added to that at same time I also had server pain in bottoms of feet had tests done and BAM neuropathy it is. NEVER I'my lefe had I EVER had these 2 problems until AFTER the surgery on my left knee and what kills me is it's 3 scopes going in and the holes are so small. But anyways do you call an attorney? People said I should but I'm not that way. That's why I seek help and wisdom here.
Lidocaine is the med injected for a nerve block. It numbs like Novacaine, but has less issues with allergic reactions.

Although lymphedema can be a side effect of surgery (and would have been addressed in the informed consent you signed), it is a chronic condition that can be caused by other unrelated factors. The neuropathy could be secondary to the swelling from the lymphedema.

Why was surgery required for your knee?
Have you been compliant with wearing compression stockings and range of motion exercises?

ecmst12

I suspect the neuropathy is totally unrelated since OP claims to have it in BOTH feet, and had swelling only in one. But a lot more information is needed to make any really EDUCATED guesses.

I suspect the neuropathy is totally unrelated since OP claims to have it in BOTH feet, and had swelling only in one. But a lot more information is needed to make any really EDUCATED guesses.
I agree, and here is not the place to get the information -- needs a doctor & lawyer to confer ...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">