• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad roof job?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

juda75

What is the name of your state? SC

We had our home reroofed on 6/9/07 with 30 year architectural shingles. We thought all was well until a month ago when we went into the attic and realized our roof was leaking. We called the owner of the roofing company (who is licensed and bonded) and explained our problem. He promised to get someone out there to fix it the next day. A week later we had not seen him. So we called again and the next day the owner came out. He looked at the problem and told us he would come the next day to fix it. He never showed. Three days later when my husband finally got a hold of him he told my husband he'd be there the next morning. Of course he never showed. Finally after many calls and voicemails, he never answered, he showed up while we were out one day and "fixed" it. He left no note nor did he place any calls to my husband or myself to let us know the repair was done. Now about three weeks later we went into the attic during a bad storm last night and it is still leaking. We called another roofer out today and he told us that the leak was preexisting the reroof on 6/9/07 and that it should have been repaired with new flashing when the roof was done. We have to pay an additional $375 out of pocket to fix the leak. Do we have any legal recourse against the orignial roofer and what steps do we take? What agencies can we contact?

seniorjudge

Q: Do we have any legal recourse against the orignial roofer and what steps do we take?

A: By the original roofer, do you mean the one who first put the roof on?

Q: What agencies can we contact?

A: Whoever licenses roofers in your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">