• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bail Bondsman question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rhymetime

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

Hi

I co-signed a bail bondsman for a family member, family member went to court and received a resolution to her case (probation). She never missed a court date but she has missed several payments. Now that her case is resolved, am I still responsible for her payments to the bail bondsman? I thought that once her case was over the bail bondsman would receive their bond back from the courts. Am I wrong?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

Hi

I co-signed a bail bondsman for a family member, family member went to court and received a resolution to her case (probation). She never missed a court date but she has missed several payments. Now that her case is resolved, am I still responsible for her payments to the bail bondsman? I thought that once her case was over the bail bondsman would receive their bond back from the courts. Am I wrong?
You should review your contract with the bail-bondsman. You could also call and ask your questions.

rhymetime

You should review your contract with the bail-bondsman. You could also call and ask your questions.
I did call them, they were very rude to me on the phone and refused to confirm if I was still on the hook financially. I can't seem to get a straight answer out of them.

I'm looking for the original contract now.

Thanks anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">