• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bankruptcy/marrid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kanchazi

What is the name of your state? fl

I interviewed with a BK atty. and he told me that since my wife and I dont file taxes together, dont own anything together, and dont have anyhing on our credits reports together. That I would not need anything from her to file BK CP. 7.

So I went ahead and paid in full and I take all the info he asked me for. Then I get a call from the person who does the filing input info, and she tells me I need to bring 3 yrs tax return for my wife and 6 months pay history. I told her the Atty. told me I would not need that, and she tells me forget about what Atty. said. I told her I interviewed with Atty. not her. Went in to OFC. and Atty. denies he ever told me that, That was my main concern
when I interviewed with Atty. and I know what he told me, he also scratched out on the requirement list where it says Spouses info, which I have a copy.

my wife does not want to cooperate with me.

I feel like I being lied to and now that they have payment in full, What are my options?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">