• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bankruptcy & military

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jandglo247

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC but not sure if it pertains to state.

My question is can someone in the military file bankruptcy then get stationed in Hawaii? I heard they cannot because of the higher cost of living there but just trying to figure it out. Thanks

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC but not sure if it pertains to state.

My question is can someone in the military file bankruptcy then get stationed in Hawaii? I heard they cannot because of the higher cost of living there but just trying to figure it out. Thanks
Naw, once you file bankruptcy, you have to live in ICELAND. Or North Dakota. You aren't allowed to be warm, ever again.

Really? Stop making trouble for your STBX.

jandglo247

Make trouble? You have no idea what I have been through so I really do not appreciate the judgements, it was a simple question I was not going to make trouble, just wanted to know. A friend of mine is in the army and he said that you are not supposed to do it. Have I done something to you for you to respond to all my questions in this manner?

mlane58

And what buisness is it of yours anyway? He is your ex, so stay out of it. BTW, your friend in the ARMY has no idea what he is talking about.

jandglo247

Your'e right its none of my business, guess I will just not not care that he is trying to drastically get his child support reduced, scam the government by filing bankruptcy then getting almost $10,000 for TLA, buying new golf clubs ect. while he poor mouths that he can't afford the little bit of child support he pays. If it was none of my business why did child support enforcement send me papers telling me he filed? I am just trying to find out that was it. None of my bills for raising the children have changed now he goes around flaunting all this extra money he has.

mlane58

TLA is for Temporary Lodging Allowance and you are not enititled to that because it isn't considered income, it is reimbursement for those costs. Just how is he scamming the government by filling bk? It isn't going to affect what child support he is paying now. Child support payments cannot be discharged in bankruptcy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">