• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being Properly Served For Child Support Enforcement ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Because it causes more harm than it does good... The money being dumped into the pockets of the state to benefit the state, can be used to establish my visitation and custody rights and support my son...actually benefiting my child, and not the state...
The money you are paying to the state is used to reimburse the state for the money they've already paid out (from the time when you didn't bother).

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Bottom line - an internet forum isn't going to help you. In fact, you would be best served by avoiding the internet, since you seem to be drawn towards the hogwash theories being thrown around. Speak to an attorney who can tell you how it really is.

The money you are paying to the state is used to reimburse the state for the money they've already paid out (from the time when you didn't bother).
Again, I'm not an Absent Father by choice...

Was the mother in poverty or at risk of falling into poverty ?

Again, did I ask the state to step in and support my son with $80 a month...

NO...

Out of scope of the federal guidelines...

Abuse of the program by the state

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/654

Just Blue

Again, I'm not an Absent Father by choice...

Again, did I ask the state to step in and support my son with $80 a month...

Out of scope of the federal guidelines...

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/654
Have you filed for visitation/custody? If not, then yes. You are an absent father by choice. It doesn't matter if you "asked" for the state to step in and support your child...all that matters is they did and you are legally obligated to reimburse the state for a portion of what they paid out.

Bottom line - an internet forum isn't going to help you. In fact, you would be best served by avoiding the internet, since you seem to be drawn towards the hogwash theories being thrown around. Speak to an attorney who can tell you how it really is.
Family law attorneys are part of the problem... Apparently most of you denying this information right now are lawyers...they're paid that incentive, telling you this information will cut the money going into their pockets...

42 U.S. Code § 658a - Incentive payments to States

(a)In general
In addition to any other payment under this part, the Secretary shall, subject to subsection (f), make an incentive payment to each State for each fiscal year in an amount determined under subsection (b).

(b)Amount of incentive payment
(1)In general
The incentive payment for a State for a fiscal year is equal to the incentive payment pool for the fiscal year, multiplied by the State incentive payment share for the fiscal year.

(2)Incentive payment pool
(A)In general
In paragraph (1), the term “incentive payment pool” means—
(i)$422,000,000 for fiscal year 2000;
(ii)$429,000,000 for fiscal year 2001;
(iii)$450,000,000 for fiscal year 2002;
(iv)$461,000,000 for fiscal year 2003;
(v)$454,000,000 for fiscal year 2004;
(vi)$446,000,000 for fiscal year 2005;
(vii)$458,000,000 for fiscal year 2006;
(viii)$471,000,000 for fiscal year 2007;
(ix)$483,000,000 for fiscal year 2008;

And for the record I came here inquiring about improper service of process... Not about my child support payments...its a civil matter and follows civil procedure just like any other civil matter... The fact that it a Child Support Order doesn't give it immunity or exceptions from civil procedure...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">