• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being removed as Executor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curb1

Are there any siblings who are in a position to help? I have always thought that in a functional family everyone should contribute. It is not a "fun" project and everyone who stands to be a beneficiary should be standing in line to help with the grunt work.

deadringer

Are there any siblings who are in a position to help? I have always thought that in a functional family everyone should contribute. It is not a "fun" project and everyone who stands to be a beneficiary should be standing in line to help with the grunt work.
Two of his siblings are very local to the home. Over the summer requests were made to have them attempt to start cleaning out the garage and major junk in the house. It seemed as if they were going to help and then at the end of the summer they bailed. One of the siblings threw a tantrum over an appraisal matter and stated that he is no longer available to help. This is the sibling that has brought this hearing against the estate to remove my husband.

curb1

Are there any suggestions that these two siblings have made to make things go faster/smoother? I think your husband will need to bring these people "on board" to get this resolved. Otherwise you have a good chance to have the entire estate eaten by attorney's fees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">