• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Being videotaped in secret?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AmosMoses

Monty,

First, I want to give you one last chance to do what is right for you for the right reasons. We have no desire to see this video for our own reasons...we are here to help YOU! So, one more chance to come clean, and if you do not do so, I will be forced to answer this trivial query, and if you are a gentleman of honor, you will HAVE TO divulge the URL. You don't want to do that, Monty!! You want to do this willingly! So, not unlike Saddam, you have 24 hours to divulge the URL, then I will cast this answer forth and force your cooperation. Please, Monty, we must not let it come to this! Tick-Tock-Tick-Tock-This-is-your-honor-clock!

H

hmmbrdzz

You have totally lost me, Monty! I guess I'm just going to have to rent "The Full Monty" today and watch it and laugh. No.... I'm too glued to the news channel, actually. So do provide us some comic relief here, OK (with the URL). :D

hmmbrdzz

M

Monticello

All right, that problem is obviously too difficult/specialized for you guys to do, so I'll give you something easier/more memorable, if any of you guys are engineering or mathematician types:

You have this second order linear homogeneous differential equation:

d2x/dt2 + 7dx/dt + 6x = 0
or
x'' + 7x' + 6x = 0

What are two linearly-independent solutions where x is a function of t?

I made sure this will work out nicely, so it should be feasible to do

M

Monticello

h0 h0 h0

Saddam doesn't have a leg to stand on, unless he manages to hold his people hostage. But given the unsuccessful yet feverish intensity with which protesters have been trying to stop the US on just those grounds, it doesn't look like that's gonna happen

Our depleted (non-radioactive) uranium tanks and shells are gonna tear those poor *******s apart

I, on the other hand, am nigh-on impervious to your threat

Or at least, I was until I put up the much easier problem

Well, it's not mathematically easier, but you don't need to dig out obscure formulae from the depths of a physics book to solve it, so it should be much more feasible

H

hmmbrdzz

:p You have succeeded in providing comic relief! I'm as close to a mathematician and/or engineer as an idiot.

Oh well. Cheers Buddy, Cheers.

hmmbrdzz

M

Monticello

h0 h0

Well, don't give up hope quite so easily

There's bound to be someone on these forums who took differential equations in college

Anyone in the least scientific field should be able to solve this (unless it's in some lame-ass soft "science" like non-doctoral, non-population-controlling biology, or psychology)

AmosMoses

Monty,

Now I am MAD! I had this problem 99% worked out, and I even had to dig out obscure formulae from the depths of a physics book to solve it, and you CHANGE THE PROBLEM ON ME!!!

Well, now I don't want to see your video anyway! Anybody who does this in their spare time would naturally look like a spaz trying to perform normal human functions, even a child's game, so your video comes as no surprise to us! [Arm slowly raises, middle finger straightens slowly and snaps into rigidity, aimed directly at Monty.] :) :)

M

Monticello

ha ha ha

Tell you what, AM, if you post up the work you did, I'll give you credit for it

If it looks like you were hot on the trail of the solution, I'll just post up that URL and then everyone can bask in the glow

I brightened the video file so it doesn't look quite as gloomy, and added in some kickin' Megaman music that loops

AmosMoses

NOW LOOK WHAT YOU DID!!

I had forgotten about this, threw all my hard work away, and you tempt me with this ENHANCED version!! That's not even close to fair! Look, put the URL up and I'll have my work back up shortly. Trust me.....:)

M

Monticello

All right, AmosMoses

I'll give it to you on credit

But you owe me two linearly-independent solutions to that differential equation!

Or the answer to that Physics problem

http://students.washington.edu/~mnrtyman/Git-Down!!.avi (1.4 megs)

ha ha, looks like this forum's crappy URL parsing made the stupid mistake of thinking that an exclamation point should end a URL

That's my buddy's webspace, btw, and not traceable to me

Last edited:

AmosMoses

Monty,

What is Ray, some kind of computer genius hacker or something? Next thing you know, he's reading your email (and probably mine now) instead of just taping you. You better keep your eyes peeled for any little peep holes in the bathroom!

AmosMoses

Oh, I forgot:

You said:

But you owe me two linearly-independent solutions to that differential equation!

How's about if I pay you off in two totally-incoherent non-unilaterally binding half-baked desperate ramblings?:

%$#&v lblk - IO&UYlk =====++

KJKJYG l hg ^%4579890[-0-nb j ;

OK, now we are square!

M

Monticello

ha ha ha

Fair enough, fair enough

All right, AmosMoses, I'm counting on you to e-mail me if anyone says anything really interesting on this forum, since I don't have time to check it often

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">