• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

best interest of 3 year old son

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I am just looking out for the best interest of my child and to let me go for a whole weekend with someone he barely remembers seems cruel. .

My daughter is 4 now and when she was 2 her dad and I split up, so I understand where your coming from. I think your best bet since even if he exercises his visitation every so often you and your child are going to have to get used to it. My daughter didn't see her dad (his choice) for 6 months last year. When she went for her first visits she ran to him, yelling DADDY!!! And let me tell you that made me so happy because if it had been the alternative and they had been peeling her off me I cannot even imagine.

What might be helpful is if you have pictures of your ex, at our house I have pictures in my daughter's room of me and her and her dad, of her and her dad and her brother. And when he wasn't seeing her I made sure she knewwho is was and that he missed her so much and when she asked where he was I told her he was at work andhe couldn't wait to see her. I find that if you are positive and OK with dad then they will be too. Kids follow your lead so build dad up (even if it kills you)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">