• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Best way to handle domestic assault charge? (Virginia)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

piccolo

I'm guessing that the argument with your girlfriend progressed along the same lines as your arguments with us. Deny and attack. Deny and attack. Deny and attack. Until it escalated into a violent move.

I hope you don't attack your lawyer, the way you are attacking us, when he points out the realities of your situation, which you don't seem to want to accept from us.

Are you even capable of backing off and not insisting on having the last word?

If you reply, I'll know I'm right.
I'm only denying things that are false or make no sense. Like for example when you say a violent move was taken. That is false, there was zero violence involved. I have never once denied the reality of the situation. And no there were no accusations or denials involved in my argument with my girlfriend.

What's with the us thing? Who have I "attacked" aside from the judgmental soccer mom who got lost on her way to a parenting forum?

P.S. if you reply to this I'll know you have a last word complex. What a ridiculously childish tactic. Imagine thinking there's something wrong with me replying to posts in the thread I made.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The very fact of domestic violence being alleged means -- even though you may not see it as a violent move -- that a violent move was taken or you would not have been arrested and charged with domestic VIOLENCE.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I think this thread has run its course. The OP has been told (several times) what he ought, and ought not, do.

piccolo

The very fact of domestic violence being alleged means -- even though you may not see it as a violent move -- that a violent move was taken or you would not have been arrested and charged with domestic VIOLENCE.
If someone says a violent move was taken when it wasn't that doesn't mean it happened.

Do you believe cops only arrest guilty people?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If someone says a violent move was taken when it wasn't that doesn't mean it happened.

Do you believe cops only arrest guilty people?
Your girlfriend said you acted violently -- hence why she called the cops. That was her perception at the time. You denying it doesn't change her perception. But carry on with your arguing. You are not seeing the legal reality of your situation and i am not wasting anymore time trying to make you understand.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
I came here for simple legal advice.
And you received simple legal advice from the people you believe are picking on you.

You do not seem to be receptive. You seem expecting someone to tell you what you want to hear. The reason no one, not even the men, are telling you what you want to hear, is because you're either stupid or ignorant. Or both.

Baby mama called the police. Either she believed it was necessary at the time or she's a psychobitch.

If she believed it was necessary, then you voluntarily going to counseling makes you look good, legally, because you are tryin to address the perceived problem.

If she is a psychobitch, then you going to counseling helps you too.

I don't know what kind of weird mormon background you come from but yes, the actual incident that took place was extremely minor compared to any other domestic assault situation I can imagine. There was no violence, no abuse, only an argument and an extremely minor collision when she got in my way, after which I immediately backed up as you say. Literally as minor as something like that can be. The only over the top part of it was obviously her calling the cops.
LEGAL ADVICE: Realize that visibly having this attitude is a BAD IDEA.

LEGAL ADVICE: Let baby mama do what she does about this independent of you. NONE of your questions should be "What if she ------". YOU should not be talking to her about this. At all. You should not even grumbling within earshot of her about how ridiculous the situation is.

LEGAL ADVICE: Talk to more than one lawyer. Ask about local resources. There are DV programs out there for both parties. At the very least you have not been living harmoniously, and you need to address this before things get worse.

LEGAL ADVICE: Do not have any contact with someone who has accused you of physically abusing you, unless there are witnesses or recordings available. You do not have to live with your baby mama to have a relationship with your child.

LdiJ

I'm only denying things that are false or make no sense. Like for example when you say a violent move was taken. That is false, there was zero violence involved. I have never once denied the reality of the situation. And no there were no accusations or denials involved in my argument with my girlfriend.

What's with the us thing? Who have I "attacked" aside from the judgmental soccer mom who got lost on her way to a parenting forum?

P.S. if you reply to this I'll know you have a last word complex. What a ridiculously childish tactic. Imagine thinking there's something wrong with me replying to posts in the thread I made.
You clearly don't understand the legal definition of "violent". Your personal opinion as to whether or not any violence happened is irrelevant. Only the opinion of the judge counts in the long run, with the opinion of the police and CPS counting in the short run. Your refusal to accept the reality of your situation and to understand where you went wrong is what could end up doing you the worst damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">