• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

birth certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beckycsu

What is the name of your state?alabama
i got pregnant in september 2004. i married the father in october 2004. my baby is due in 3 weeks and we are in the middle of a divorce because he was abusive. i was wondering if i legally have to put his name as the father on the baby's birth certificate. and if i dont, can ordered paternity tests 100% determine that he IS the father? i would just rather he be out of our lives.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Since you're married, he will automatically be considered the legal father, unless someone else steps up and is PROVEN (via DNA testing) to be the father.

B

bradybunchmom

yes but if hes the dad he will have to pay cs

yes you can order a paternity test, and if it proves he IS the father, he can file for visitation, and be required to pay child support. he might only get supervised visitation, if you can prove his abuse in court. without any proof, youre up a creek without a paddle. he cant just sign away his rights to the child to get out of paying support, a court expects both parents to support a child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">