• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Birth certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rmet4nzkx

I have used very specific terms in answering your question and you are not getting it. The original birth certificate will ALWAYS have your husband's name on it. If there are no amendments to it, it remains the official birth certificate whether or not the child uses another name. Since paternity was handled in some legal fashon in the divorce your husband no longer has any rights. If the bio dad, who is now the legal father wants his name on the birth certificate, he can petition the court to amend the birth certificate to put his name on. Apparnetly all your husband was interested in at the time was not paying child support and not what the birth certificate said.

Duh. :rolleyes: I just said I am aware that his name will always be on the original Birth certificate. What were wanting to know is how to go about getting an ammendment for a new birth certificate. And yes he was VERY concerned with handling things so he didnt have to pay child support on a child that wasnt his. Who wouldnt be worried about that. He was not very concerned about the birth certificate at the time because like I said he was very young and didnt not even think about having something done about it.
Other people have answered my questions that understand what I am asking, so your(rmet4nzkx) assistance is not needed, Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">