• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bogus Protection order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aviator41

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

My STB ex-wife has decided to file for a potective order after I discovered her having multiple affairs.

There have been a lot of angry text messages from both of us - you could say it was mutual combat. There are never been any threats of violence by either of us, though she did try to get a PO back in May after having me falsley arrested for Domestic abuse. She wanted me out of the way so she could empty the house of belongings.

The domestic charges were dismissed after she wrote a notarized letter to the D/A stating she would not participate in the prosecution, the D/A realized that the case was bogus and there was no abuse, and she was playing a "game" with the court system.

The PO was vacated almost immediatley as well by her because we were entering couseling.

After I recovered the vehicle she was driving after she ditched it because she didn't want to make the payments, she suddenly decided to file for another PO.

I cannot stress enough that there has been NO history of violence between us and NO threats have ever been made, but lots of angry text messages have been exchanged. I am sure he has fied under the veil of "harassment" - but have yet to see the paperwork for myself. I have not been served yet.

I have NO contact with her outside of the mecanics of the divorce (for example: I told her that if she would like to submit a settlement offer, I would be happy to look it over to keep both of our attorneys fees to a minimum)

What are the chances of her actually getting this PO against me? I want nothing more to do with her and have REFUSED to take her back more times than I can count. She's just a lover scorned.

Yes, you read that right, she has BEGGED me to take her back for months, but after our attempt at marriage counseling failed, I have refused. She is abusing the legal system just to drag me through the mud.

How can I defend against this?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma

My STB ex-wife has decided to file for a potective order after I discovered her having multiple affairs.

There have been a lot of angry text messages from both of us - you could say it was mutual combat. There are never been any threats of violence by either of us, though she did try to get a PO back in May after having me falsley arrested for Domestic abuse. She wanted me out of the way so she could empty the house of belongings.

The domestic charges were dismissed after she wrote a notarized letter to the D/A stating she would not participate in the prosecution, the D/A realized that the case was bogus and there was no abuse, and she was playing a "game" with the court system.

The PO was vacated almost immediatley as well by her because we were entering couseling.

After I recovered the vehicle she was driving after she ditched it because she didn't want to make the payments, she suddenly decided to file for another PO.

I cannot stress enough that there has been NO history of violence between us and NO threats have ever been made, but lots of angry text messages have been exchanged. I am sure he has fied under the veil of "harassment" - but have yet to see the paperwork for myself. I have not been served yet.

I have NO contact with her outside of the mecanics of the divorce (for example: I told her that if she would like to submit a settlement offer, I would be happy to look it over to keep both of our attorneys fees to a minimum)

What are the chances of her actually getting this PO against me? I want nothing more to do with her and have REFUSED to take her back more times than I can count. She's just a lover scorned.

Yes, you read that right, she has BEGGED me to take her back for months, but after our attempt at marriage counseling failed, I have refused. She is abusing the legal system just to drag me through the mud.

How can I defend against this?
Ask that she have to pay all your attorney fees due to abuse of process. The chances of her getting a PO? Don't know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">