• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Botox treatments in a day spa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ETex2

What is the name of your state? Texas

My wife owns a hair salon / day spa that offers facials, massage, etc.. She was approached by a dermatologist to do botox injections at her facility. He practices in a small town 40 miles away, and wants to get closer to the big city and chose her location as being suitable. He plans to give her 20% of the gross. She will handle the funds, credit cards, set appointments, etc..

This scares the daylights out of me. I doubt her insurance co. will be happy, and I'm quite sure they won't cover any of her liability. The doc says he has the proper releases for the prospective patients releasing her of any liability. But I also know that anyone can file suit against anyone else, for anything, anytime. She is going forward with this without consulting our attorney, against my wishes. Any advice here?

HomeGuru

My wife owns a hair salon / day spa that offers facials, massage, etc.. She was approached by a dermatologist to do botox injections at her facility. He practices in a small town 40 miles away, and wants to get closer to the big city and chose her location as being suitable. He plans to give her 20% of the gross. She will handle the funds, credit cards, set appointments, etc..

This scares the daylights out of me. I doubt her insurance co. will be happy, and I'm quite sure they won't cover any of her liability. The doc says he has the proper releases for the prospective patients releasing her of any liability. But I also know that anyone can file suit against anyone else, for anything, anytime. She is going forward with this without consulting our attorney, against my wishes. Any advice here?
**A: you are on the right path here. I see huge liability.

ecmst12

If she doesn't discuss the change with her liability insurance provider, she's jeopardizing ALL her coverage, not just that related to his actions!

Of course he probably has his own liability/malpractice insurance, but when someone sues for malpractice, they sue everyone involved, from the hospital on down to the nurse's aid, so she certainly does have exposure.

barry1817

spa and botox

Discuss with liability carrier as others said is a must, and having rent based on collections, a percentage, is a red flag that the arrangement is more than a rental arrangement.

If he is renting space, look for a clean rental agreement, much as a building rents office space to doctors. Last I looked I haven't seen too many builiding owners being sued when a doctor gets sued.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">