• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought 2012 from dealership. the next day the engine went out.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

logik8469

I bought a 2012 Kia from a ford dealership. The very next day the oil light comes on and the car stalls. A Kia dealer checked it out and said it was because they didn't do an oil change correctly whoever did it before I bought the car. Now the engine has to be replaced and the ford dealer is doing it instead of the Kia dealer. I'm concerned about many things like the resale value later, whether KIA will still honor the factory warranty with a replacement engine, especially since it was done by ford, as well as safety issues with this car that frankly I don't want now. What are my options?

Talked to the ford dealership again and they said the engine they're putting in is not a rebuilt engine but a used one. I brought up my concerns about the engine not matching the car, to them saying the engine was untraceable and with the warranty they said the warranty I bought from Ford would be honored no matter what even though that wasn't my concern.

I just feel like they're doing whatever they can to make this go away, and give me back this vehicle I didn't even have for 24 hours, and would have never purchased the car if I knew there was going to be a replacement engine in the vehicle that I have no idea where it came from or its quality.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">