• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bounced personal check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BobbyE

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

My girlfriend did not have a bank card, so I pretty routinely cashed personal checks for her. Recently we broke up, a few days later I got a notice from the bank saying that her last check bounced. I had already cashed the check for her and given her the money. I foresee that I might have trouble getting a hold of her for the money. Although, I hope her father would just pay me back for it. Her brother and my parents know that I cashed this particular check for her as well as gave her the money for it, also to be noted my mother has cashed checks for her before too.

If I have trouble with getting the money back voluntarily, do I have any legal options?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">