• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

boyfriend not on lease, and hasn't paid rent. How to kick him out?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doodoosan

Your verbal agreement sounds pretty flimsy. You will need to give him 30 days written notice to move, and if he does not, THEN you can take him to court.
Okay, I was hoping I could just ask him to be out in a week or so. Eeeks I hate the idea of having to live with him after I break it off for another month. :( Thanks for all the info!

justalayman

Okay, I was hoping I could just ask him to be out in a week or so. Eeeks I hate the idea of having to live with him after I break it off for another month. :( Thanks for all the info!
and that is if he moves willingly by that time. If he doesn;t, you will have to file the unlawful detainer that courtclerk was speaking of which is simply asking the court to agree with you to order the guy to leave. Then if he refuses, you get to aske the courts to have him removed.

Since I'm not the owner of the home I was assuming I wasn't the landlord.
whoever this guy has a rental agreement with to stay there is his landlord and that happens to be you. He has no agreement with your landlord.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">