• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of contract fraud NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

libra58

I took my vehicle to an Auto body/paint shop for paint & minor body work. (1) specific repair that was to be made and itemized on the contract with an additional fee/charge was a palm size area with rust and holes. The contract was to "cut and weld rust holes" I was told the rusted area would be "cut out" & a patch "welded" on. A few years later the patch "popped up" It was discovered upon removal of the patch, the shop had simply GLUED the patch onto the rusted surface area. This was not the repair bargained and paid for and I feel I have been defrauded. The alternative and faulty method of repair was misrepresented and concealed from me as a consumer..as such can anyone advise as to filing suit for treble damages for fraud in small claims :(.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Does the paperwork actually specify the cost for that repair? (You said it was a small portion of the total bill).

You can try suing in small claims court. Sue for the full amount, be happy to receive the value of the repair only.

libra58

Does the paperwork actually specify the cost for that repair? (You said it was a small portion of the total bill).

You can try suing in small claims court. Sue for the full amount, be happy to receive the value of the repair only.
Yes the paperwork clearly specifies what service was "Supposed" to be provided and the additional charge for the "specific repair" There is the issue of the fact that the faulty, defective & not as agreed work that was done..has resulted in a much worse problem..as the rust was not cut out and continued to spread to the area surrounding the patch.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">