• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach Of Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

room335

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey.

I was hired to work at a special event in New Jersey. (A contract was signed outlining my work and the time I stopped working). The short of it is (without going into too many details) my client was very rude when the event started and periodically rude throughout the day......Eventually my client seemed OK (as we had little contact), but 3/4 the way into the event, my client got nasty and verbally abusive when we spoke. My client then told me to leave the event and would not let me finish the job I was hired to do by contract. Even though my client was rude and verbally nasty, I let my client know I was willing and able to finish the job, but to no avail.

My client signed a contract hiring me to work at this event and breached before I could finish....My concern is that it could come down to my word vs. my client's word. Is there any thing I can do (short of getting a lawyer) that can help document my side of the story in case I need it at a later date. IE...signing a notarized statement of what occurred, etc.....I'm not really sure how I can best proceed to document the facts and also to protect myself. Thank you in advance...

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey.

I was hired to work at a special event in New Jersey. (A contract was signed outlining my work and the time I stopped working). The short of it is (without going into too many details) my client was very rude when the event started and periodically rude throughout the day......Eventually my client seemed OK (as we had little contact), but 3/4 the way into the event, my client got nasty and verbally abusive when we spoke. My client then told me to leave the event and would not let me finish the job I was hired to do by contract. Even though my client was rude and verbally nasty, I let my client know I was willing and able to finish the job, but to no avail.

My client signed a contract hiring me to work at this event and breached before I could finish....My concern is that it could come down to my word vs. my client's word. Is there any thing I can do (short of getting a lawyer) that can help document my side of the story in case I need it at a later date. IE...signing a notarized statement of what occurred, etc.....I'm not really sure how I can best proceed to document the facts and also to protect myself. Thank you in advance...
Your signed, notarized statement holds less weight than your testimony, under oath, in court.

Keep your contract and be prepared to produce it in court. The client may say that you breached the contract and walked out. It will be up to the judge or magistrate to decide what the facts are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">