• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breech of confidentiality

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rxnivy

What is the name of your state? Oregon

I was just wrongfully demoted and had filed a greivance with the company's HR dept. I have received a response to the greivance and have until 11/12 to repley. A general manager from the company (let's call him Ed) called me at home. Asked me what was going on. He had been appoarched twice by the general manager whom demoted me and the Human Resource manager. They asked him if I had called him yet. He said no why? She was demoted and is pissed off about it. So expect a call. Ed is a general manager in a totally different area of the company. He has nothing to do with the position I was demoted from or the property were I work. I told Ed I could not discuss the matter with him.
I have made a point of not talking or contacting anyone in any area of the company other than written documents through the Hurman Resourse depart.
Is this a breech of confidentiality? If so where do I go from here?

Beth3

No, this is not a breech of confidentiality. There is no legal obligation for your employer to keep your complaint confidential. Only certain medical records an employer may have about employees are protected.

rxnivy

State of Oregon
Discussing my emotional state of mind with persons not relating to the demotion prior to the grievance being addressed and responded to is not a breech of confidentiality? I have until 11/12 at 5pm (pacific time) to accept or decline the offer of contiuned employment. :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">