• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

broke ankle filed on homeowners

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jake1225

What is the name of your state? Texas
Should this pay policy limits of $300,000 I broke my ankle at my aunts house March of last year.I fell of a 3ft. ramp due to owner negleit.It was broke it 3 places now a year and a half and 2 surgeries later i still have no side movement or in the toes,and very little up and down.When the ankle was broke i was a heavy equiptment tech.Now i have turned down numerous $100,000 year jobs because doctors said i couldn't do that kind of work anymore cause of the ankle, being diagnosed with rds nerve disorder, and my ankle still feels weak,hurts every day:eek:.So now i am about 30-60 days from settling this claim and about to loose my home due to this career change,insurance company is dragging there feet to my this monthes lost wages.And on top of that doctors siad i will need another surgery but it is too soon to put me back under for this surgery.

las365

Why do you say you are 30-60 days away from settling the claim when there is obviously a dispute over the amount of your damages? You have to prove what your damages are: medical expenses in the past, medical expenses in the future, lost wages in the past, loss of future earning capacity, disfigurement, etc. If the damages approach or exceed the policy limit, you send a Stowers demand. If the insurance carrier doesn't offer an amount that you think is sufficient in relation to your provable damages, you can file a lawsuit.

Just because the policy limit is $300,000 doesn't mean that is what the insurance carrier pays. You have to prove your damages. Keep in mind that if you may have medical liens or subrogation liens that have to be satisfied from your settlement. If you don't have a lawyer, you should see one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">