• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken Jaw Accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nexcompac

What is the name of your state? AZ

I would like some clarification for the future as I am sure this is to late to think about now. I was playing roller hockey in a facility called Spectrum which is an indoor skating rink that allows leagues to play at. I went to play on a night which was open to the public and sometimes they charge $10 and sometimes there is no one at the door. There is no paper work to sign or personal waivers, but there is a sign posted outside that said something of play at own risk or we are not responsible for personal injury.

During the game, a player from the other team hit me with his hockey stick which took off my helmet and broke my jaw in 2 places. No one came forward to admit who hit me and the establishment didn't care and said we are not liable. They were going though a buyout and now it is owned by a new company.

My question is what was or is their liability? I paid all the medical out of pocket.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You are liable for your own injuries. It sounds like what happened is a normal risk of the game...a risk which you willingly assumed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">