• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brother shot and killed by law enforcement. Shot over a 100 times. No criminal record. Can't find legal representation. What do I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

snoopypaw000

My brother and his neighbor had an ongoing feud. His neighbor had ties to law enforcement. He constantly was calling 911 on my brother. My brother spent a $150k defending himself with falsified charges. The neighbor obtained a civil harassment order and violated it everyday. My brother tried to obtain a civil harassment order against the neighbor. It was filed, granted, then misfiled and dismissed without my brother being notified. This neighbor yelled obscenities at my brothers 14 yr old daughter about raping her, kidnapping her, etc. She was scared to come out of the house. In October, neighbor called 911 again which resulted in my brother being shot and killed. NOBODY WILL HELP ME. Everything is still under investigation and nobody is saying a word, providing copies of any reports, nothing. This neighbor terrorized my brother every night. I have witnessed him on his property late night running around his property in costumes on a p.a. whispering to my brother. Flying drones over my brothers house. Law enforcement can't just respond to someone that obviously has issues with my brother and shoot and kill him. I NEED HELP....THERE HAS TO BE SOMEONE!

quincy

My brother and his neighbor had an ongoing feud. His neighbor had ties to law enforcement. He constantly was calling 911 on my brother. My brother spent a $150k defending himself with falsified charges. The neighbor obtained a civil harassment order and violated it everyday. My brother tried to obtain a civil harassment order against the neighbor. It was filed, granted, then misfiled and dismissed without my brother being notified. This neighbor yelled obscenities at my brothers 14 yr old daughter about raping her, kidnapping her, etc. She was scared to come out of the house. In October, neighbor called 911 again which resulted in my brother being shot and killed. NOBODY WILL HELP ME. Everything is still under investigation and nobody is saying a word, providing copies of any reports, nothing. This neighbor terrorized my brother every night. I have witnessed him on his property late night running around his property in costumes on a p.a. whispering to my brother. Flying drones over my brothers house. Law enforcement can't just respond to someone that obviously has issues with my brother and shoot and kill him. I NEED HELP....THERE HAS TO BE SOMEONE!
What is the name of your state?

You can contact your state’s ACLU for assistance in finding legal representation but if the incident is still under investigation, there is little you can do right now.

I am really sorry to hear about your brother. I hope you have other family members and friends around to support you.

Last edited:

zddoodah

Let me guess...small town?

If no one is willing to help you, there two likely, possible reasons: (1) the merits of the case aren't good; or (2) local "good 'ol boy" issue. If it's the latter, then you'll need to expand the geographic scope of your search. You might also call the state's attorney general.

quincy

Let me guess...small town?

If no one is willing to help you, there two likely, possible reasons: (1) the merits of the case aren't good; or (2) local "good 'ol boy" issue. If it's the latter, then you'll need to expand the geographic scope of your search. You might also call the state's attorney general.
Police shootings are not just a small town problem although snoopypaw’s brother might have lived in a small town.

Here is a link to an interesting Washington Post police shootings database:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/investigations/police-shootings-database/

Many of the victims of police shootings were armed when they were shot. Unfortunately, several of the victims were unarmed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">