• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bullheaded neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carofl93

State is FL.

We've been having problems with our neighbor for approximately 2 years. He is retired and takes great pride in his yard. I'll be the first to admit that our yard isn't all that pretty, but now that I am not working, I am trying to make it prettier.

Neighbor has a riding lawnmower and has been running over my decorative grass around a flowerbed for months. I put bricks around the flowerbed to see if having a bit more space would allow the grass to regrow. The bricks are well within our side of the property line. He and his trusty John Deere have now moved my bricks at least a foot on 2 separate occasions.

On the last occasion, my husband told the neighbor that he needs to keep his mower on his side of the property line. Neighbor replied that "he is just trying to keep the yard looking nice." Husband told him that I had put the bricks there to try to regrow the decoratives that had been mowed to death by his mower.

I want to permanently put the bricks in their place. If the neighbor hits them with his mower, will I be liable for the damages to his mower? And vice versa, will he be responsible for the damages to my bricks? Also, now that he has been told to stay on his side of the property line, would it be considered trespassing if he continues to run his menace on my land?

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but the man and his wife have been major pains for the past 2 years.

Thanks,
Carol

BelizeBreeze

State is FL.

We've been having problems with our neighbor for approximately 2 years. He is retired and takes great pride in his yard. I'll be the first to admit that our yard isn't all that pretty, but now that I am not working, I am trying to make it prettier.

Neighbor has a riding lawnmower and has been running over my decorative grass around a flowerbed for months. I put bricks around the flowerbed to see if having a bit more space would allow the grass to regrow. The bricks are well within our side of the property line. He and his trusty John Deere have now moved my bricks at least a foot on 2 separate occasions.

On the last occasion, my husband told the neighbor that he needs to keep his mower on his side of the property line. Neighbor replied that "he is just trying to keep the yard looking nice." Husband told him that I had put the bricks there to try to regrow the decoratives that had been mowed to death by his mower.

I want to permanently put the bricks in their place. If the neighbor hits them with his mower, will I be liable for the damages to his mower? And vice versa, will he be responsible for the damages to my bricks? Also, now that he has been told to stay on his side of the property line, would it be considered trespassing if he continues to run his menace on my land?

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but the man and his wife have been major pains for the past 2 years.

Thanks,
Carol
call the police and file a report for tresspassing and destruction of private property

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">