• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bureau Of Collection Recovery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauldepilotpaul

Bureau of Collection Recovery

I feel for the posters that feel they are being harrassed. My story is a little different. They contacted me in an attempt to locate my estranged adult son. I went into great detail to explain that me and his mother divorced fifteen years ago. That my son and I have no contact with one another. He does not call me or visit me. He will not be at my number when they call and to stop calling me. Like someone earlier posted, I too use this number in connection to my profession and changing it is out of the question.

Thank you to the poster who posted the information about the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. I did a Google search and downloaded the pdf file. It is easy to read as it is in plain english. While on Google, I also found that in Tennessee the comparible act is called "Rules of The Tennessee Collection Services Commission. I have read both documents and authored a letter to Mr. Mark Neil, Chief Operating Officer, Bureau of Collection Recovery. I am going in the morning to file the letter with my Clerk of Court. I will be mailing the letter Certified Mail, Receipt Requested. I hope it works.

I will update this post if my letter works. Thanks again to all the posters who provided the helpful resources. By the way. If a class action suit starts, please contact me as well.

Paul

Last edited:

tye_dye_9205@ya

BCR doesn't listen.

i know how you people feel, i've been getting several calls a day for about a month now from the numbers 202-607-2744, 202-607-2748, 202-607-2749, and 603-239-3336. i've called them all and they're all from BCR. i've answered several times and they ask for someone i don't know. then they say my phone number and i say yes that's my number but i'm not that person. (i must have this person's old number.) why would i be getting calls from a collections company, i'm 16! this is a cellphone they're calling by the way. they call during tests at school and when i'm busy and every other time during the day. i finally called the main number today (202-607-2749) and the first time they picked up and hung up, but then i called and said i wanted to complain to the company and they put me on hold mid-sentence and someone answered and i told them what's been happening and that i've told them i'm not the person they're looking for. he said he would remove me from the list, but i guess we'll see. that happened about 20 minutes ago. this is very irritating and if they keep calling i'm filing harrassment.

pauldepilotpaul

It worked

Read my previous post.

I did as I said I would. I wrote Mr. Neil the letter, had my signature noterized, and filed it with my County Clerk of Court. I mailed it certified mail, return receipt requested. About a week after I got the receipt back the calls stopped. I have not been called again. For anyone who is truely being wrongfully called, doing as I did may be your only option. Best of luck.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">