• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA Compromise of Arrears

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

divona2000

evilelv=jgimbel

Aha!

https://forum.freeadvice.com/landlord-tenant-issues-42/auctioneer-necessary-public-sale-abandoned-property-497833.html

jgimbel “I dont see an earlier post…THis doesnt appear to be an earlier post, it does not appear...do you have input on the question? If so please post, I have a similar situation”
Yes, a very similar situation…:rolleyes:

evilelv-CA…county the case is in is Orange We have a six figure arrearages that started at $20K 10 years ago…Im a third party that has interest not only b/c he's family, but also theres lien on a property soon to be in my name and the lien would wipe out almost all the value…I am his sister in law…the amt began as $20K and grew to $100K…The brother agrees to quit claim the property to me and my husband (my husband is already 1/2 owner)…

Jgimbel-CA…Preperty where lien is Riverside Cty. Support judgement in Orange Cty....we have a jointly owned vacant land that is co owned with brother in law who has the lien...hes willing to quit claim but cant until lien is settled or expired...the lien that may be as high as $100K…appears to be near 10 years old...

Last edited:

Antigone*

Aha!

https://forum.freeadvice.com/landlord-tenant-issues-42/auctioneer-necessary-public-sale-abandoned-property-497833.html

Yes, a very similar situation…:rolleyes:

evilelv-CA…county the case is in is Orange We have a six figure arrearages that started at $20K 10 years ago…Im a third party that has interest not only b/c he's family, but also theres lien on a property soon to be in my name and the lien would wipe out almost all the value…I am his sister in law…the amt began as $20K and grew to $100K…The brother agrees to quit claim the property to me and my husband (my husband is already 1/2 owner)…

Jgimbel-CA…Preperty where lien is Riverside Cty. Support judgement in Orange Cty....we have a jointly owned vacant land that is co owned with brother in law who has the lien...hes willing to quit claim but cant until lien is settled or expired...the lien that may be as high as $100K…
great catch Divona!!!

wouldnt 90% of a $100K arrears be only $10K...divided by 24 mos is $277/mo....these people could afford that
Let me repeat this for you S-L-O-W-L-Y....jgimbel or evilelv

The money owed to MOM is not part of the COAP program. ONLY 90% of the money owed to the state.

And they get 36 months to repay.

And my estimates on the money owed to the state are likely wildly high, but the NCP can call tomorrow and ask. Or just send in the application and wait to find out.

Antigone - I saw the family reunification program also, but kiddo here is 23.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">