• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA: Real Property Transfer before Final Distribution of Probate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

calicode

What is the name of your state? CAlifornia

I am the Executrix, doing Probate in pro per under the Independent Administration of Estates Act.

Real Property will be passing from decedent to only child through direction of Will.

Is it legal to transfer the title of Real Property before the Final Distribution of Probate closes?

If so, what is the process for transferring title? I realize this may be a "Real Estate" question, but i've been warned the "title may get 'clouded'" if done before Final Distribution is ordered.

Case Specifics:
Will/Probate won't be contested.
Decedent was married at the time of death, this was sole & seperate property and spouse will not claim interest.

Thank you for your opinon :~).

tecate

If you qualify, file a petition for preliminary distribution. See Probate Code Section 11620 and following for details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">