• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA seatbelt ticket help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

thebrodizzle said:
by the way i dont drive, i was a passenger, i dont even have a car.
Okay ... then your defense will be that you had your seatbelt on PRIOR to entering the non-city street and prior to entering the parking lot?

All that has to be observed is that you did not have your seatbelt on while you were on a highway (or street) that is publicly maintained. I seriously doubt that you removed it the moment you passed on to the threashold of a non-public roadway or parking lot.

If the officer argues that he cited you for not wearing your seatbelt in a parking lot, then you can smile, dance a jig, and be on your merry way because CVC 27315 won't apply. If, however, he argues that you didn't have it on while on the highway/street, then you are done.

The fine is minimal ... is it really worth the hassle of trying to argue the time delay in the stop (which won't work)?

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">