• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cal-Vet Loan w/ BOFA 2nd - HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

al91206

California

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has advice on what to do here are the facts:

1st Loan from Cal-Vet I owe about 190 of original 210K loan
2nd Loan from Bank of America - about 60K
Current on all loans - but struggling big time to pay monthly

Definitely over 31% of gross monthly budget, but my 1st is only like 25% of my gross (only with the 2nd is it more)

Bad credit due to student loans which I'm now on track to pay

Cal-Vet doesn't do the whole refinance thing, and I don't believe I qualify for the Federal plan to help homeowners since it wasn't FHA or from Fannie or Freddie. Cal-Vet doesn't seem to want to help to be honest - I don't really know what to do.

Definitely open to suggestions ....

HUD-1

If $210k is 25% of your gross monthly income, then $270k should be in the low 30s. Seems like it is affordable. What interest rate is your second mortgage at? If it is really high, you could approach BOA about a modification.

nextwife

California

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has advice on what to do here are the facts:

1st Loan from Cal-Vet I owe about 190 of original 210K loan
2nd Loan from Bank of America - about 60K
Current on all loans - but struggling big time to pay monthly

Definitely over 31% of gross monthly budget, but my 1st is only like 25% of my gross (only with the 2nd is it more)

Bad credit due to student loans which I'm now on track to pay

Cal-Vet doesn't do the whole refinance thing, and I don't believe I qualify for the Federal plan to help homeowners since it wasn't FHA or from Fannie or Freddie. Cal-Vet doesn't seem to want to help to be honest - I don't really know what to do.

Definitely open to suggestions ....
Has there been any significant change in your income?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">