• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Calculation of child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mr_Dad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? fl

i go to court next month to get child support order. im in the process of trying to modify our parenting plan. the plan now is for her to have him every other weekend and one day during the week every other week but because of recent events she only has him maybe one day a week and never for over night. will the judge base his calculations on our current parenting plan or will he take my words for it? our plan may not be done by the time we go to court for child support.

Isis1

i go to court next month to get child support order. im in the process of trying to modify our parenting plan. the plan now is for her to have him every other weekend and one day during the week every other week but because of recent events she only has him maybe one day a week and never for over night. will the judge base his calculations on our current parenting plan or will he take my words for it? our plan may not be done by the time we go to court for child support.
the judge will go by the evidence that is brought before him. which is the court ordered parenting plan.

unless mom verbally agrees she has the child for less time and never for overnights.

Mr_Dad

the judge will go by the evidence that is brought before him. which is the court ordered parenting plan.

unless mom verbally agrees she has the child for less time and never for overnights.
she may agree to this but if she doesnt is there anythign i can do to prove this like witnesses or anything like that?

Isis1

she may agree to this but if she doesnt is there anythign i can do to prove this like witnesses or anything like that?
no, because there would be nothing stopping mom from utilizing ALL her court ordered time after that hearing.

Gracie3787

You can try asking for a continuance of the CS issue until the parenting time has been modified.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">