• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can a husband sue his wife employer for marriage damages after wife gets hurt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tiredwifeinMO

As the spouse of a injured worker I can only give my experience.

You can not sue workers comp but a attorney will let you know what, if any, options you have. In our case, we are filing a personal injury tort. A good attorney will have to do research to find out if you even have a chance at a claim. Its a long process. In our case we are not filing againt the employer or their wc insurance carrier. We are filing against other insurance coverage carried by the employer. If you receive money in a third party claim, wc is reimbursed from it.

As the spouse of a injured worker I definitely know your frustration. My response is more emotional than legal. You would need to contact a personal injury attorney in your state to see if a tort case is possible.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">