• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a visitation agreement be changed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cry4me

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Dad is planing on moving about 6 hours away from where we are right now. He would like to make some changes to the court ordered visitation schedule that we currently have. **he gets every other weekend and alternating holidays** Since he is moving farther away he would like to have the children for 4 straight weeks in the summer (fine with me) instead of trying to accomidate the traveling of every other weekend. Dad would also like to extend his holidays with the children to accomidate their entire school break for his holidays (again fine with me) as apposed to just having them for just the day of the holiday that he is allotted.
Is it... well... legal to make these changes on a perminant basis without going to court to change the visitation agreement.? Or would it be better for us to try for a modification? Dad will be at his new residence on a perminant basis. The visitation agreement does state that we can make changes to the agreement as needed as long as we both agree. In this case we do, (if you read my past threads) however Dad is not to happy with me because of the Protection Order that was placed on him and because of that we do not get along. I guess to get to the point, would it just be better to get a modification or just "wing it"?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
File a stipulated agreement with the court that both of you have signed in front of a notary and ask the court to sign it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">